Quarkslab is a French company specializing in information security R&D, consulting and software development. Our expertise is in combining offensive and defensive security to help organizations adopt a new security posture: Force the attackers, not the defender, to adapt constantly. Through our consulting services as well as our software we provide tailored solutions to organizations, helping them to protect their assets, sensitive data, and users against increasingly sophisticated attacks.
Where you can help us:
At Quarkslab, we build a product, Epona, for application protection. The goal is to buy time and make it harder for the attacker to steal and tamper with data or intrude into our client’s infrastructure. This team is divided in several “features”: protection to make code harder to analyse statically or dynamically, cryptography to design whitebox algorithms and secure storage to build a secure digital vault, Q&A, …
We also arrange frequent red team exercises in the company to assess and break into that protection, in a cat and mouse game. Of course, the goal of this feedback loop is to make our product stronger, and to increase the understanding of the developers in new attacks.
Your day to day work:
In our “application protection” team, you will be in charge of improving the detection and response layer of our product Epona, mainly for embedded devices (mobile, set-top-box, SoC, ….), but not only.
Your work will focus on creating an instrumentation SDK, that is a means to recover information from an application, transfer this data to a server, analyse it, and send back actions to be performed by the application. This has to be done without ruining the application’s performance.
You will have to design and implements the architecture of the whole system, but also the server side to gather and handle the data. And of course, this must be done in a secure way.
You will be working in team with compiler engineers that maintain a code protection framework (obfuscation and whiteboxing).
So, if you like C/C++ development, designing software with low impact on resources, and architecture challenges, this job is for you!
Who you are:
The skills or knowledge we think you should have:
- C/C++ master
- Embedded systems (Linux) & network programming
- Eager to quickly prototype and experiment with a backend architecture.
- Design efficient and optimised software architecture for scalable solutions.
- Team player to exchange about your knowledge with others.
- Git and Gitlab have no secrets for you.
But also, that would be nice if you knew:
- Cryptography to rely on secure protocols (SSL or others)
- Some OS knowledge (iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, …) to design dedicated tricks for that OS (Android / Linux are preferred).
Why work at Qb?
- Work with an amazing team, eager to learn and play with new approach and technologies, mixing various skills (security, compilation, backend, …)
- Attend conferences in your field, learn from many internal events (weekly conference, trainings, …)
- Contribute and support open source tools, others and ours
- Premium health insurance
- International environment with offices in Paris and Buenos Aires (team croissants vs. team asador), representations in Tokyo and Singapore
- Call with our talent acquisition manager
- Play with a small challenge
- Welcome at Qb’s office (half day interview)
- Talk with the appropriate C-level(s)
- HR debrief and job offer